1. What makes you unique as an agency?
Our culture is approachable and relational, and we’re intentionally not a large agency.
2. How long have you been in business?
Almost 30 years, in the same location for 20, in the production corridor on the way to PC&E…
3. What do you look for in an actor who is seeking representation with you?
Improv-ability, credited, or in a much needed demographic, referrals and/or training from respected sources. We also love theatre actors.
4. What is your best piece of advice for actors working in the SE?
Have a sustainable income outside of acting so you can be liberated in the process and can do what you must to move the needle for your career.
5. Share a success story with us. Keep in mind it can be for you as an agent or specific to a client and their journey.
One of my best stories speaks to the question of “how many people do you rep?” or “how many people like me do you have?”. A client we represent brought in a headshot for a friend, who happened to be in a loaded demographic, where there are always so many options. I indicated that I had plenty in that demographic and that we were leading the market in that arena. For a number of reasons, I took the headshot and we did an in person audition w/ the performer, who was the best person we saw all day in new talent auditions, and who subsequently became a rock star for the agency. So the success is clear but the point is that a great person can truly make a place for themselves, so don’t give up or even be discouraged if it takes a bit to be seen.
Learn more about Houghton Talent on their website: click here!